Friday, October 3, 2008

Some DocumentWorthy Progress

I just committed some code to the SVN repository. I believe it was significant enough for me to post because there are some major changes and additions I made to the code that may not be clear just at glance. Here are my commit bullet points...
  • - Added JavaDoc to all existing classes
  • - Refactored testing to the appropriate test package instead of using a main method
  • - Added GenericDao.java so far for the DAO pattern, more work needs to be done, but it is functional as of now
  • - Added log4j properties file and added logging for testing, this also means greater control in hibernate debug messages. By changing the properties files we can turn on logging to a point that every single transaction is shown in the log, it also allows for us to redirect the logging to a file (which will be useful in production)
  • - Refactored Hibernate Annotation mapping into HibernateUtil.java
  • - Added the "new SchemaExport()" line when initializing HibernateUtil so we can programmatically change if the tables are being dropped and recreated. This is in direct response to the original code that would keep dropping and recreating tables. I later found out this was specified in the XML and even though XML and programmatic means may mingle, I decided on deleting the XML config for this particular function and specify this configuration in HibernateUtil.

No comments: